The beautiful Spiti Valley
It reverberates a feeling of belonging and inspires travel and adventure. Spiti, often known as Little Tibet, is home to few of the oldest Buddhist monasteries and temples in the world. Tucked away in the interiors of the Trans-Himalayan belt of Himachal Pradesh, this high altitude cold desert region has only recently been opened to the outside world. Due to its relative isolation, various unique and rare aspects of the Buddhist culture (Tibetan Buddhism) are well preserved in this valley. Spiti’s unique landscape also conceals history in its depths – diverse fossils are found in the valley. It also attracts wildlife enthusiasts from across the world as it harbours rare and endangered species like the Snow Leopard and the Tibetan Wolf. In this over-land journey (12 days) through the valleys of Spiti, be prepared to be enticed by simplest discoveries.
Trip fee includes
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis (In Kathmandu, Pokhara and other places.
- All local transportation during the trip (according to the itinerary only)
- Bike (Royal Enfield 350 cc) with fuel
- Food enroute
- Airport transfers
- All permits
- Vegetarian meal and tea
- Local guide fee
The cost excludes
- Food expenses during travelling from and to Delhi
- Any kinds of personal expenses such as: tips, telephones bills, laundry etc.
- International airfare fare to Nepal and back from Delhi.
- Insurance and Medi claims
- Alcohol, beverages, soft drinks etc.
- Any expenditures for unforeseen circumstances like landslides, roadblocks, bad weather etc.
- Charges for film cameras, digital cameras etc.
- Any other which is not mention in the “cost includes”
- Additional cost if any for foreigner permits
« On wheels through the mountains of Nepal
Copyright 2013. Photo credits: Sandesh Kadur, Kalyan Varma, Phillip Ross and Kaushik Bajibab